Printable Versions & Attachments
The Tallie Android app allows users to track expenses on the go. Users can simply take a picture of their receipts at the point of purchase and upload it to the app.
Using this guide, you will learn how to:
- Create expenses using different methods:
oCapture a receipt image
oUpload from library
- Delete expenses
- Duplicate expenses
- From the New
Expensesreport, tap the circular + button at the bottom of the screen to launch the Tallie camera. You’ll find other methods to create expenses available below, simply tap on them or swipe left or right to begin.
Note: You can use the Search feature in expense create and edit views. Most dimensions now have search boxes where users can enter a customer, project, class, location, etc. to quickly search and map the correct entity to an expense without having to scroll through the selection menu.
oFocus the camera on a receipt and tap the camera button to capture the image.
oTap Save to upload it to your Tallie account.
oThe image will be sent through our receipt processing system where its merchant, date and amount data will be discerned.
oIf possible, Tallie will also categorize the new expense based on its similarity to previous expenses that have been submitted.
- Import from Library:
oYou can also tap the Library button to access receipt images stored in your Android Gallery.
oSelect one or several receipts you wish to upload and tap Import, and Tallie will begin to process them for expense data.
- Import from Android Library:
o To do so, launch the camera album on your phone and select one or few receipt images, and you will have the option to select which app to share the files with. You may need to tap “More” and enable Tallie if it’s not already visible.
o Once you tap on the Tallie icon, the Tallie app will launch and ask you to select a report to import these receipts to.
oTap the Car icon to track mileage.
oYou can tap Start to use your current location as the starting point or enter an alternative address, city, or business name, etc.
oAnd then, tap Stop to useyour current location as the destination, or enter a different address.
- Create: Don’t have a receipt? No problem. Simply tap the Pencil icon to begin entering the pertinent data of an expense, and tap Save when completed.
- To delete an expense:
oTap the circular category icon to select the expense
oThen, tap the trash can-looking delete button that has appeared in the upper right corner of the screen.
oIf you happen to have selected an expense by accident, tap the X in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- You will be asked to confirm before the expense is deleted. To confirm, tap DELETE.
- If necessary, you will be able to undo the delete action from the next screen by tapping the red band at the top. Once you navigate away from the screen the expense is deleted permanently.
To duplicate an expense:
- From the Expense Report view, tap on the expense you wish to duplicate to expand it
- Tap on the button with 3 dots in the upper-right corner
- Select Duplicate. This option is available for mileage and manually-created expenses only. Note that currently, duplicated expenses are missing the reasons and receipts associated with the original expense. Our developers are working on including them in duplicated expenses.